Young Promoters Fund
Available for entrepreneurs aged 18 to 39.
Young Promoters Fund
Objectif du fonds
The Jeunes Promoteurs fund aims to stimulate entrepreneurship among young people aged 18 to 39, helping them to set up a first or second business through technical and financial support.
To be eligible, you must meet the following conditions:
- Be aged between 18 and 39;
- Have experience or training relevant to the project;
- Be located within the MRC Pierre-De Saurel territory;
- Be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant and a permanent resident of Quebec;
- Not have owned the business for more than 24 months at the time of application for funding.
Consult the policy of this fund. (The document will be available soon)
The financial contribution can cover any of the following categories:
Volet 1: Realization of business projects
Completion of a feasibility study or other study preparatory to the creation of a first business, provided the project is considered eligible under this program.
- Be part of a project to create a first business on the territory of the MRC Pierre-De Saurel;
- Demonstrate the need for an expert study;;
- Demonstrate the promoter's inability to carry out the requested study on his own
- Demonstrate the complexity of the study to be carried out;
- Attach a copy of the service offer from the consultant or company selected to carry out the requested study, along with its curriculum vitae, to the application for financial assistance;
- Part-finance the study with a downpayment from the contractor.
Volet 2 : Start-up of a first or second company
- Be supported by a business plan covering the first two years of operation, demonstrating that the business being created has good prospects for viability and profitability.
- Result in the creation of at least two permanent jobs in the MRC territory, or the equivalent in people/years, within two years of the start of the project
- Involve capital expenditures
- Include a financial commitment by the applicant
- Total start-up financing costs in excess of $10,000
- Include a detailed description of the financing package required to complete the project.
- The entrepreneur must demonstrate to the DÉPS funding committee that the financial assistance is essential to the realization of his or her business project.
Volet 3: Entrepreneur training
To enable candidates who benefit from a financial contribution for the creation of a first business to acquire training relevant to the realization of the project.
- Demonstrate the need for the entrepreneur to acquire the desired training;
- Demonstrate the relevance of the choice of trainer;
- Access to the contractor training component is restricted to contractors already benefiting from component 2.
Financial assistance takes the form of a non-repayable contribution and ranges from $4,000 to $6,000 per project*:
- $4,000For business in the service sector
- $5,000For business in the trade sector
- $5,000For business in the agricultural sector
- $6,000For company in the manufacturing sector
*The amount of financial assistance may vary if the promoter is not engaged full-time in the business. Other conditions may apply and will be explained by your advisor.
Submit your project
- Consult the list of documents to be provided
- Consult the different stages of this fund