The Écoleader Fund aims to guide and support Quebec companies in integrating a wide range of eco-responsible business practices and clean technologies.
Objectif du fonds
The Écoleader Fund offers financial assistance, in the form of a grant, to companies wishing to hire experts to help them implement eco-responsible business practices or prepare for the acquisition of clean technologies.
We support concrete measures such as the production of diagnoses and studies, the development of action plans and the provision of support services.
Eco-responsible business practice: a management practice that aims to improve a company's economic performance and productivity, while addressing an environmental issue.
Clean technology: a good, equipment, product or material that measures, prevents, limits, reduces or corrects environmental damage, including that which saves resources or causes less environmental damage than its market counterpart.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a legally constituted for-profit or social economy enterprise, registered with the Quebec Enterprise Registrar and incorporated under the laws of the Government of Quebec or Canada;
- Have a commercial establishment in Quebec.
The FAQDD reserves the right to request additional information on the applicant's type of incorporation, in order to verify eligibility.
The following clienteles are not eligible:
- A business majority-owned by a municipal entity or Crown corporation (majority shareholder);
- Sole proprietorships (self-employed);
- Syndicates of co-ownership, associations and groups of people;
- Financial services companies and other companies under the authority of the Autorité des marchés financiers, including insurance companies or brokers and holding companies;
- A company incorporated as a partnership under the Quebec Enterprise Register (REQ);
- A company under the protection of the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act or the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act;
- A company listed in the Register of companies not eligible for public contracts.
Here are the terms for financial assistance for the adoption of ecoresponsible practices:
- 20 000$Studies and analyses
- 10 000$Development of concrete action plans
- 100 000$Implementation support
Financial assistance is available up to $40,000 per company for projects aimed at adopting eco-responsible practices, for a maximum of 75% of eligible expenses.nses admissibles.
An exception applies here for global sustainable development initiatives. Please consult the Applicant's Guide for more information.
Here are the conditions for preparing to adopt clean technologies:
- 45 000$Studies and action plans
- 15 000$Pre-acquisition support
Financial assistance of up to $60,000 per company is available for projects involving the acquisition of clean technologies, for a maximum of 75% of eligible expenses.
Submit your project
- Consult the Applicant's Guide - Component 1 (French Only) for eligibility criteria and eligible expenses.
- Download the kit (French Only) to obtain the required documents.
- VCheck whether the expert you wish to work with is listed in the Écoleader Fund's Directory of Experts. If not, the expert must register with the directory BEFORE submitting the application.
- Ask the expert to provide you with a quote.
- Provide the expert with the document Completing a Submission to the Fonds Écoleader (PDF), to ensure that his or her submission contains all the necessary information.
- Fill in the application form and make sure you have all the required documents. If necessary, use the sample letters provided (e.g. Letter of Confirmation of Complementary Funding). Remember that an incomplete application may result in delays in project analysis.
Remember that an incomplete application may result in delays in project analysis.